Monday, February 06, 2006

Just a passing thought

The Local newspaper up here in Niagara Falls prints the First Amendment in each addition (as far as I've noticed). It got me thinking about how narrow of a interpretation the Fed's use for the freedom of the press or even establishment of religion. Then I remembered, Cindy Sheehan was once again arrested. This time for a T-shirt, no verbal words, no nothing, but simply a T-shirt, with of course, a anti-war message. It wasn't even from T-shirthell.com, so how bad could it have been? Though I don't agree with her or her methods.....

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I mean, she even had a ticket and was invited by a congresswomen.

But hey, when was the last time the polititions, bureaucrats, or those lawyers in black housecoats REALLY read, let alone obeyed the Constitution.

No comments: